* An Amethyst chunk with Labradorite in a dark patinated silver setting.
* Labradorite has an orangish color flash that shifts in different light sources.
* Gunmetal chain & lobster clasp, silver findings, pewter silver eye logo drop at back of chain.
* Pendant hangs approx. 2-1/4" long (including bail not shown) & 1" wide.
* Comes on a 20" gunmetal chain with lobster clasp and silver findings, includes pewter silver eye logo tag at back of chain.
* Choose chain length or if the Cord option is available, it will be a black waxed cotton adjustable slide knot cord. (For any other options, please inquire).
* Only ONE is Available & Ready for Shipment. When selecting an option for this one of a kind creation from the drop down, you are merely selecting a chain length or cord option (if applicable) that are available for this single piece. So while there may be multiple variant options to select, there is only ONE CREATION offered.
***If in the event that this piece has sold out at a recent show, or by another customer online, and I haven't gotten back from said show or online to update that it has sold, Apologies in advance. I will contact you asap for either a refund or other options. (I will try take sold pieces down asap.) Thanks.
- How to treat your Jewelry
- General Care & Avoidance
- Avoidance *Specific Lines
- General Cleaning
- Cleaning "Sorcery Collection" Creations
How to treat your Jewelry:
* Always treat stones and my art jewelry with love, respect & care when worn or stored: Most crystals, glass, stones, and other natural objects from the earth, can be prone to marring or chipping if treated harshly. Please keep harsh chemicals away from art jewelry, do not stack other heavy items on top of Eyescream creations, and you may have to avoid extreme heat and or water with most art creations (*please read General Care & Avoidances FAQ for more info on water/heat/Chemicals).
*** Any other questions you might have prior to purchase, please do not hesitate to contact me: I try to know what metals and stones I use, but sometimes I have had stones so long in my collection, that their name eludes me. If you have some earlier Eyescream creations, and wish to know how best to clean or care for your pieces, drop me a line at the contact link in navigation. ***
General Care & Avoidance:
* While most pieces may be water resistant, they may not be waterproof: So submerging some creations in water for extended periods may not be good on a stone, metal or creation. Avoid showering in pieces and if you get an item wet, please pat dry prior to storing. Any pendants on a cotton slide knot cord, or other type of cording, should NOT be worn in the shower. Cotton cord is basically fabric and will break down fast, discolor, or get gunky with multiple showers, and products like soaps, shampoo, lotions etc, being soaked into the cord each washing, and eventually the cord Will fall apart (you don't necessarily wear your undergarments in the shower each washing? So, why would you wear cord that is even thinner/smaller than a garment, into a shower or pool/lake etc)?
* Keep All harsh chemicals away: Keep chemicals away from your Resin/Shrink Art, and painted/enameled pieces (ie: rubbing alcohol, hair spray, aerosols, nail polish remover etc) as aerosols can attach themselves to the surface of resin/shrink art and other chemicals might remove any painting/enamel or coloring added.
* Extreme heat can be brutal on some creations as well (ie: do not leave on or near a heater, Resin sealed, painted / colored, shrink art work should Definitely avoid being exposed to extreme heat or stored in direct sunlight for extended periods. Sun/heat can damage resin/shrink art. Wearing on a sunny day may be fine for a little while, but wearing a resin/shrink art piece in the sun for hours of direct sunlight, may be bad. Signs you may have gotten heat/sun damage, if you see the art piece start to look cloudy. You will know if you got direct extreme heat if the piece warps in any way (ie: you put a piece on and then decide to blow dry your hair, and for some reason the blower blew heat directly on the art piece). Which is why it is always best to put your jewelry on last After your hair is done and your make-up is applied.
Avoidance *Specific Lines:
The Following Eyescream lines and creations with the following techniques or materials, you should definitely avoid showers or submerging in water for extended periods:
* Copper Alchemy, Sorcery Collection (molten metal), sealed Resin, Shrink art creations, paintings, Artifacts Macabre, bone creations, scrimshaw, enameled, opals, etc. For General safety of your jewelry, you should take off all jewelry prior to swimming or showering, and should avoid storing items in the open in a moist room. Some items may be fine for light hand washing, light gentle cleaning. If ever a question, please contact me with either a link to the piece in question, or a description of a piece you purchased from me prior (a photo may be requested at time of request for reference).
* It may be best to store any items with any amount of silver content and or base metals, in a box, sealed pouch, or ziplock and away from air: This will potentially help metal from oxidizing as fast, especially if you prefer your silver or metal in a brighter tone/finish) because silver oxidizes in air & other metals like copper and brass age, shift colors or change hues over time when exposed to the environment, air and your body oils. Do the same with copper & brass, unless you like those metals to age and shift with time (*shifting metal colors on base metal, could include darkening, splotches of colors, verdigris tones dependent on moisture/chemicals and metal involved etc). Please do not store or display base metals in a room with loads of moisture without knowing what may occur. Depending on the metal, moisture can wreak havoc over time on base metals.
*** Further note on Sterling Silver creations: Silver will oxidize/tarnish when exposed to air for extended periods. This may be desired by some, as it may create some character to pieces that have loads of raised details. Once you begin to wear a Sterling tarnished / oxidized piece, your natural oils will wear away any tarnish on the surface and leave oxidization in the cracks and folds, thus possibly placing emphasis on some designs.
* Please be gentle when cleaning: (use no harsh chemicals as they could harm certain stones, pearls, fossils, bones, metals, resin, enamel etc). For light cleaning (varies per creation), use a soft cloth or polishing cloth for some metal and stones. **Special Note: If you use a chemical polishing cloth, you may take away any chemical patina that has been added to a design. For deeper cleaning of crusty items, gently/lightly scrub with a soft toothbrush and water and pat dry with a soft cloth. Avoid attempting to clean the opals or turquoise I may use, as most of these pieces are natural and not chemically stabilized, therefore scrubbing is out of the question. If ever a question about cleaning a creation, you can always message me with an image of your piece & title or name, and I may be able to tell you what might be appropriate to clean it. DO NOT attempt to clean any Resin/enamel work, bone, or painted art creations directly.
Cleaning "Sorcery Collection" Creations:
**** SORCERY COLLECTION CLEANING OPTION: * I will polish the metal on pendants and or re-antique & wax seal creations within the 'Sorcery Collection'/ (Molten Metal Sculpted necklaces, pendants, earrings & rings). There is no fee for this service, except the price to ship your item both ways, *(sorry, for US customers only)*.
* If you are in the Oakland / Bay Area, you can also schedule to drop off your piece for this free service instead and then pick up once the item is ready, or I could do it while you wait. Please note, this is not to repair any creations or stones (repair work is by a case by case basis and may involve a fee), this is to polish or buff pendant metal and or patina and wax seal a 'Sorcery Collection' creation only, and are for these items in the collection that you have had for a while and may want your creation antiqued or polished up to a bright shine again.
***I offer this free cleaning service on my Sorcery Collection creations, for the sculpted metal portion of a pendant, S.C. Ring, S.C. earrings or other Sorcery Collection creation, but not including stone, chain, or other components (ie added filigree embellishments, other metal attachments etc) outside of the molten metal design, (although I may wipe down chains and or stones, I would not be polishing stones/chains that may be worn down by constant wear/time). If you desire your Sorcery Collection talisman to be re-antiqued, or polished/buffed to a bright shine, because your metal may have shifted colors over time and dependent on the care taken on the piece, you can request I spiffy up your piece for you again. While I am happy to do this service for free (Sorcery Collection line only), if you have other creations in other lines that you would like me to see if I can spiffy up, there may be a slight fee for this service (case by case basis, and with prior verbal or written notice and including photos sent to me to assess what might be required).*** PRO-TIP:To keep your metals, chains, and Eyescream creations the Freshest they can be, always store in an enclosed pouch, baggie or box and away from air (to prevent unwanted oxidization), direct sunlight/heat (for some special art creations) & moisture. Just note, if you constantly wear a plated piece or plated chain daily, the plating will wear off, it is just a matter of time, oils and environment.
* Please note: I cannot re-plate any base metals chains, findings, stampings etc. that are plated (ie: gunmetal, antiqued brass/bronze/copper/silver plate etc). I do not have the facilities for such work. I do offer chains you could purchase if you need a fresh chain, and if you desire that I attach your pendant or creation to a chain, I do not charge to attach pieces to new chains (only the cost of the chain you desire, and you would need to pay shipping both ways).
*** Special Note, Stainless Steel chains should not shift color over time. ***
* Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged/repaired/cleaned product to reach you, may vary.
- Orders can take about 1-3 days to process, shipping times after that depend on the method chosen. Priority flat rate mail for US can take 1-3 business days. I cannot calculate shipping times for Regular First class shipments, so shipping times could vary (dependent also on seasons/holidays).
US Shipping Prices:
US SHIP - USPS priority Mail Flat rate small box for $8 (includes a tracking# & insurance up to $50, if you desire insurance over that, let me know prior to order so that I can calculate and add that on).
US SHIP - USPS first class (standard mail). Comes with a tracking# and in a padded envelope only and no insurance (unless requested & for an additional fee). Price will vary dependent on amount of items or weight/height of items or larger orders. Prices start around $5.
- Orders can take about 1-3 days to process prior to shipping, and shipping times vary per shipping option chosen. Priority flat mail can take roughly up to 10 business days (not including weekends) to arrive. Regular First Class shipping can vary greatly from roughly 14 day or up to 2 months (worst case scenario, and most likely if it is stuck at customs within your country and you were not contacted about it). Once your shipment is out of the country, I cannot track it so no way to calculate actual shipping times to every country.
International Shipping Prices:
Orders that are shipped USPS priority flat rate mail starts around $25 to most countries. & will arrive in a small shipping flat rate box. Shipping can take up to 10 business days to arrive after shipping. Shipping rates for First class will be around $14, and will be shipped in a padded envelope. As stated, I am not sure of shipping time frames, although I am sure that it differs per country and time of year. **Sorry no Tracking # and No Insurance for International orders.
For International Orders: I am not responsible for Any extra shipping fees, custom fees and or taxes that may be associated with your order once it leaves the US & enters your country and is at your post or customs office. You are responsible for any extra shipping fees per your countries shipping arrangements. I am also not responsible for any lost or stolen shipments. Shipping time-frames are based on USPS.com website shipping info. Thank you.
*** ALL SALES ARE FINAL! *** No Refunds!
*Please pay attention and thoroughly read through the description posted with each listed item, and make sure you understand the measurements and other details given. I have described the creation as detailed as possible. Most pieces are art creations and each is handmade by me. I utilize different jewelry and non jewelry techniques, as a result, jewelry finishes or stones may be rough or have imperfections, which only give each creation more character, and each stone may not be perfect, especially in the case of raw or rough crystals, fossils, minerals (they may have knicks, chips, dings, inclusions, cracks, scratches, pits etc.). Rough/Raw crystals and stones are not meant to be perfect, and some sculpted or stamped metal work may have dings, light scratches etc. I try to post photos to showcase my work from different angles. If there is a light scratch, knick, etc, it may not show up in photos, if the stone/piece in question has an obvious natural defect, I will attempt to outline that in the description and or photos. Some pits/cracks/chips are inherent in natural stones and some were formed when other stones/crystals were growing around or next to it (that may have subsequently fallen away or have been separated from a cluster). Some stones like Labradorite & other Feldspar, are notorious for inclusions, cracks, scratches and pits, this is the nature of the stone being created with cleavage planes stacking onto one another and sometimes in different directions in the formation stage, which may also refract light/color flashes in new directions as a result of such imperfections.
*** So, if you are looking for perfect, my lines may not be for you.***
* Special Note: Computer monitors will vary, so colors may not be exact on how the creation or stones look in real life. I try to describe color nuances if any, but even on my own computer monitor, colors are far more vibrant than the actual creation. If you need more photos of a piece to make a decision, please let me know. If EVER a question, please Contact me Prior to placing an order. Thanks.***
* No Refunds on Deposits for, Cancellations of a Custom, Altered or Made To Order item once deposit has been paid.* 'Custom' (Altered and Made To Order Customized) design work goes through many stages in creation, many emails may be exchanged in the creation process & prior to creation. Also, images are sent for most custom work for final approval before final custom order balances are paid or before any shipments are made, at that time, any other concerns over the design can be discussed before finalization of shipment.
* Exchanges (if applicable): We only replace/exchange items (on a case by case basis) if they are defective or damaged (unless the shipping box was damaged via postal delivery and thus damaging the product, upon which you may have to file a claim with USPS). Please send me an email within 24hrs of delivery and include any photos documenting the defect.
Please include your name, Order number, date delivered for reference (if there was a tracking number, please include that as well). Once I have reviewed your request, I will let you know what to do next.
* I will NOT accept any exchanges without prior email exchange consent (on a case by case basis). You may be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs (both ways) for exchanging the item (also determined on a case by case basis). Shipping costs are non-refundable.